Monday, August 17, 2009

Family dynamics

[This post was originally written in August 2009, but I've updated it a few times over the years to keep the information current, or when there have been moves made or additions to the family.]

For those of you who read this who don't know much about my family, I will take the time to write a little bit about my family now. I come from a large family; I'm one of seven children (all girls). I've always loved being in a big family, and I always thought that I would love to have a big family of my own. Here is a little bit about each of my sisters:

My sister Miriam and her husband Gordon live in Bryan, Texas. They have five girls: Kim, Michaela, Courtney, Samantha and Victoria. Gordon works as a psychologist and Miriam is a stay-at-home mom, although she also has a business teaching piano lessons (she studied music in college and was a music teacher at a school before she had kids).

My sister Sharon and her husband Spencer live in Starkville, Mississippi. They have six kids: Elizabeth, Kate, Sarah, Rachel, Matt and Emily. Spencer works doing research on chickens for the USDA, and Sharon is a stay-at-home mom.

My sister Annette and her husband Joseph live near Syracuse, New York. They have a son, Kimball and a daughter, Rebecah. In October 2014 they had a twin son and daughter: Lincoln and Annika. Joseph is a physician's assistant and works at a hospital. Annette is a stay-at-home mom.

My sister Kristin and her husband Scott live in Ridgecrest, California. They have five boys: Kaleb, Ethan, Jared, Aaron and Ryan. Scott has a government job doing something (don't ask me what!) and Kristin is a stay-at-home mom.

I am the next sister in the lineup! I live at home with my mom. She is my main caregiver and BFF. We have a lot of fun together, and actually really enjoy being around each other.

My sister Laura and her husband Brett live about an hour away. They have three kids: Amy, David and Olivia. I'm not quite sure what Laura and Brett are doing as far as jobs/schooling at the moment.

Chandra lives with her boyfriend (about 20 minutes away from Mom and me) and had a baby boy named Christian in September 2015. Right now she is loving being a full-time mom. She is a great help to Mom and me, as well as a great friend. She comes over often, and the three of us have a lot of fun together.

You might be wondering why I haven't mentioned a father. My dad died when I was 14. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in April of 1998. He went through chemotherapy and radiation treatment and was in remission for a few months, but the cancer was determined to be terminal in September of that same year. He died on January 17, 1999. People always feel badly when they find out that my dad died when I was so young. It IS kind of sad since he died so young (46), but I don't mind talking about my dad; he was and is a great man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...