Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Family dynamics, part 2

I mentioned my two younger sisters in my other family dynamics post. They are both adopted. My parents got into foster care in the late 80's when I was about 4. My parents cared for children who had special medical needs. Laura was our first foster child, and she had been severely burned.

Chandra, one of the other foster children, was also severely burned, so she was placed in our home a few years later since my parents had experience with burn survivors. Although my parents cared for other foster children with medical needs, Laura and Chandra were the ones that never left. I never looked at them any differently and can't imagine what life would be like if I were the youngest. I'm glad that they were adopted and are part of the family! 

3 comments:

Kellie said...

So fun to read up. I love Regis and Kelly, especially Kelly (she has such a great name) but I don't get to watch it that often. And I'm so glad you supported Famous Footwear, since Casey works in the corporate office.

Jen@Because I can said...

I'm glad you started a blog! You are such a beautiful person, inside and out!

Laura said...

I love you, Heather! I'm so glad that I'm part of your family, too!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...