Thursday, September 3, 2009

Summer recap: July

I also had lots of fun times in July. My family was planning on having a barbecue at Cliff Cave Park on the Fourth of July, but since it was so rainy, the park was closed due to flooding. We quickly modified our plans and found another park to have our barbecue at. I would have preferred the sun to be out, but at least the temperatures were cool. (I don't mind warmer temperatures, but the people I was with would have been much more uncomfortable!)


My sister Miriam and her family visited us a couple weeks later. It's been two years since we'd seen Miriam and her family, so it was great to see them again. I was especially excited to see the girls since they had grown so much! We had a great time playing games and hanging out with each other.

My sister Sharon and a couple of her friends visited again in July on their way to Kansas City. Sharon had all four girls with her, so she left her two oldest girls, Elizabeth (8) and Kate (6), here in St. Louis to spend a few days alone with us. It was so much fun to be able to spend time with my nieces and to do some fun things with them. We took a tour of the firehouse in Arnold, we went out to eat and we visited the cemetery where my dad and their grandpa is burried. They are such sweet girls and I loved spending time with them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...