Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend recap

This past weekend was a busy one! Here is a little bit about each day:

Friday -- on Friday evening my mom, my sister Chandra and I went out to dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday. My sister Laura and her husband Brett came along, as well as my mom's friend Paul. We went to O'Charley's; a restaurant that I've never been to, but have always wanted to try. All of the food was really good, but I think my two favorites were an appetizer called Twisted Chips and a yummy piece of chocolate cake for dessert. Although it was Friday night, the restaurant wasn't too crowded, for which I was grateful so that I wasn't the way. (This is a picture of my mom and me that Chandra took before we left for the restaurant.)

Saturday -- I went out for a girls night on Saturday evening with my sister Chandra and a few of our friends. We went to dinner at Red Robin (another restaurant that I've always wanted to try). I'd recently seen a TV commercial for a hamburger that they were selling that I really wanted to try (it was a burger with mozzarella sticks on it). I actually didn't like the burger, but it was still fun to experience a new restaurant. After dinner we went to the movies and saw Fame. I love seeing movies, and this was a fun one.

Sunday -- I didn't have to go to church on Sunday because it was my church's semiannual General Conference broadcast from Salt Lake, so we just watched it on TV. (It's so nice to be able to watch conference in the comfort of my home!) My sister Laura and her husband Brett came over and watched with us. Laura, Brett, Chandra and I played Phase 10 Masters that afternoon, so that was lots of fun. Phase 10 is one of my favorite games! Laura made a carrot cake for my mom's birthday (her favorite) and brought it over for our dinner dessert. (Here's a picture of Mom and her birthday cake.)

Our weekend was busy, but it was a lot of fun too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...