Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday

I recently wrote about my Thanksgiving holiday, but now I will fill in the rest of the details about my Thanksgiving weekend. My sister Chandra and I went out shopping on Black Friday. We didn't get up in the wee hours of the morning; we waited to go out until 11 am. We started by going to Target . The parking lot was packed, so I feared that the store would be a madhouse. It was definitely busier than it usually is when I'm there, but it actually wasn't too crazy, all things considered.

After that we went to Michael's. I was specifically looking for a nice picture frame for my Starry Night puzzle that finally got finished. I found what I was looking for and I think the puzzle will look really nice in the frame I got.

Then I went to Famous Footwear because I've been looking for a pair of black shoes. I found a pair that I really liked, but it was hard for Chandra to put them on my feet, so I sadly put them back ;) Luckily I found another pair of shoes that were very similar to the first pair, but they fit on my feet a lot easier (probably because they were size 6 1/2 -- one size too big).

Chandra and I were about shopped out by this time since it had been about four hours, but we decided to go to Wal-Mart on the way home since it is newly rebuilt and I wanted to see it. I didn't find anything I wanted buy at Wal-Mart, but I loved the new store because it was very wheelchair friendly! (There were no curbs in the front, so I didn't have to look for a cut out on the sidewalk. Also, the floors inside the store were so smooth and not as rough to roll over as most are.)

Chandra and I were gone for about five hours, but we had a lot of fun shopping together.

1 comments:

Kathe said...

Wow you girls are brave! I didn't try to go shopping last Friday, but I noticed a lot of my friends went, maybe I should give it a try next year just for fun!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...