Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Friday night out

Last Friday night I went out to dinner with my younger sister Chandra and her boyfriend James. My other younger sister Laura and her husband Brett met us at the restaurant, so there were five of us total. I was technically the "fifth wheel," but we all had lots of fun together, so it didn't feel that way at all.

I chose the restaurant -- O'Charley's. I went there for the first time on my Mom's birthday in October, and I've been wanting to go back ever since. I just ordered an appetizer so that I would have room for dessert. O'Charley's has an awesome chocolate cake that I got last time and I knew that I wanted it again! It's five thin layers of chocolate cake with a layer of fudgy chocolate between each layer of cake. It was so good!

You might be wondering why I'm writing about something as simple as going out to dinner, but I have to admit that I am really proud of myself for going out to a crowded restaurant on a Friday evening. After my accident I hated going out into public. There really wasn't one reason in particular, but I just didn't like the feeling of being in the way or being that "person" that everyone looked at and pitied... "I'm sure glad that's not me." I still have a lot of those same feelings, but I don't let them hold me back as much as I used to. I've come a long way in the past few years because going out to a crowded restaurant is something I never would have done a few years ago.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...