Friday, November 27, 2009

It's finally finished!

In the summer of 2001 I bought a jigsaw puzzle of the Vincent van Gogh painting Starry Night. The puzzle has a shimmery/metallic look to it, and I thought it looked really neat, so I bought it. I tried putting it together, but it was a really difficult puzzle, so I gave up on it and put it away. The puzzle has been on my mind for the past eight years, and I've really wanted to get it put together so that I could glue it together and frame it.

I love jigsaw puzzles because they remind me of my dad. He loved putting puzzles together and he would glue them together and glued them to our garage wall. I also love art, so this puzzle was especially neat to me since it is my favorite painting. I got the puzzle out again this past summer and my brother-in-law Gordon worked on it when he visited in July. My sister Chandra has been working on it since then, but the progress has been very slow going since the puzzle is so difficult. Long story short, after five months, Chandra and my friends Laura and Nate finally got the puzzle finished yesterday. I'm so excited!

Here are some pictures of Chandra, Laura and Nate while they were working on the puzzle yesterday.
And the finished product!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...