Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas in Mississippi

I had a wonderful trip to Mississippi to spend Christmas with my sister Sharon and her family, but I have to admit that I'm glad to be back home where I have my special bed and all of the other special gadgets that make my life easier!

Last Wednesday, my mom, my younger sister Chandra and I drove down to Starkville, Mississippi, where my older sister Sharon lives. It only takes about seven hours to get to Starkville, so it's not a bad drive at all which is fortunate because seven hours is about my limit in the car!

I had so much fun being around Sharon's family. Sharon has four daughters ranging in age from nine years old to 18 months and my nieces are such a joy to be around! They are always making me laugh by saying and doing the funniest things. It's especially sweet and funny when they make comments about my physical situation. I can tell that they think a lot about me and my physical limitations from the cute out of nowhere comments they make or questions they ask me.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip:

My sister Sharon with me and all of her girls:
Grammy and Kate: Elizabeth, Sarah and me: Elizabeth and me: Rachel ready for Christmas breakfast:
Sarah and her laptop computer: Rachie exploring her stocking:
Sarah holding up one of Rachel's presents:
Elizabeth and Kate:
Sharon and me with her Shutterfly gift certificate: Grammy and three of the girls: Grammy, Kate and Rachel:
Sharon and Rachie: Christmas dinner: Tired Rachel: Elizabeth on her ninth birthday:

It was a great trip and it was so wonderful to be able to spend the holidays with family. I especially love spending Christmas with children because they are filled with the kind of excitement that is contagious. It was also wonderful to be able to spend Elizabeth's ninth birthday with her. She is such a delightful young lady and I'm proud to be her aunt!

1 comments:

Kathe said...

Your nieces are adorable and their glasses look so cute on them. I am glad you guys got to spend time together:)

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...