Friday, December 18, 2009

How could I forget?!

I can't believe I forgot to mention one tradition that we always did as a family -- we always read the Christmas story out of the Bible either on Christmas Eve or on Christmas morning. When I was a very young girl it was always so hard for me to be patient while my dad read the Christmas story because I was eager to get to my presents.

Christmas 1998 with my dad's last Christmas. He was dying of pancreatic cancer, so we were all aware of the fact that it would be our last Christmas with him. Dad read the Christmas story to our family for the final time that Christmas morning and we tape recorded him doing this. Now we usually listen to this tape recording every year. It's good to not only hear the Christmas story, but to hear my dad read it. I'm glad this is something my family always did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...