Friday, December 4, 2009

Wells Fargo night at the zoo

A few weeks ago my mom's financial guy called to invite her and our family to the zoo to see the Christmas lights, have food and participate in a few other holiday activities. My mom, Chandra and I all thought it sounded like fun and I wondered what the zoo would look like lit up in Christmas lights. It was quite chilly and breezy last night, so we bundled up and headed out. This event was for families, so we invited my younger sister Laura and her husband Brett -- our only family that lives locally. (My mom and I both remarked how much fun it would've been to take our grandchildren/my nieces and nephews.)

It was very busy when we arrived and we saw a lot of people with their kids bundled up in strollers. A dinner of hot dogs, hamburgers and bratwursts was provided and there was also coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans and cookies and brownies for dessert. I only had chips, a cookie and hot cocoa, but everything looked very good. We had so much fun looking at the lights -- it was very beautiful and I wonder how long it took to put up the lights because there were so many of them! The zoo was very busy and it was fun to see so many people in attendance. Although I was bundled up under several blankets I got cold especially when the wind would blow in my face. It was a great time, but the part I enjoyed the most was when my sister Laura told me she's pregnant and. due at the beginning of next August. I'm very excited for her!

I'm so glad that we were able to go to this activity! Here are some pictures of my family and me from last night and of the lights:

1 comments:

Kathe said...

pretty pictures..it looks really fun!!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...