Saturday, February 27, 2010

Eric Clapton, the answer is yes!

I was listening to the radio this morning while my mom was washing my hair and the song "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton came on. Eric Clapton wrote this song after his four year old son tragically died after falling out of an apartment building window in 1991. Most people are probably familiar with the song, but if you aren't, some of the song lyrics are, "Would you know my name if I saw you in heaven?" "Would you be the same if I saw you in heaven?" I'm so grateful that I know the answer to these questions and that I know what happens to us when we die. I can't imagine losing a loved one or living in this world where bad things do happen if I didn't have this knowledge!

I lost my father to pancreatic cancer when I was 14, and although it was difficult, I was comforted then and am still comforted now by the knowledge that I know that I will see my dad again. It would be excruciating to lose a dear friend or family member if you knew there was absolutely no way you would ever see them again. There are a lot of people in this world that don't know or aren't sure what happens to people when they die, and I wish those people could be as certain as I am that there is life after death and so much more to living than our life on earth.

1 comments:

Patty said...

Funny, on Saturday I was painting my bathroom and had the radio going and this song came on and I had the very same thought!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...