Monday, May 17, 2010

My new quilt

A few months ago my friend Julie Schenk told me about a quilt she was making and she asked me if I would like it. She didn't have to ask twice because although I have lots of blankets and quilts, I could always use another one. I definitely have more blankets than I need, but I love them and they are so fun to cozy up with.

Julie finished my quilt a couple weeks ago and she decided to mail it to me since she's been out of town. The quilt arrived last week and I couldn't wait to see what it looked like. I told my mom to unfold the quilt and hold it up. I kept my eyes closed while she did this and I told her to tell me when she was holding it up. I opened my eyes and I loved the quilt! I emailed Julie to thank her and I told her that the quilt was, "So me!"

I had my younger sister Chandra take lots of pictures of the quilt, but they definitely don't do it justice because the colors don't look near as bright as they do in person.

This is a picture of the entire quilt:
This is a closer:
In this picture you can see the stitching pattern of the quilting. It's different flowers and swirls:
The next several pictures are extreme close-ups of some of the different fabrics: I love my new quilt and it looks great on my bed!

6 comments:

ionamin-W8FW8 said...

I still say it would look better on MY bed!!!

Patty said...

Love those colors!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, I came across your blog through your invitation on Nie's blog. Just wanted to let you know you have a new reader. :) Have a great evening.

Blessings,
Monica

Niki B said...

Hi Heather,
I also came across your post on Nie's blog and really enjoyed reading your blog tonight. Very inspiring! My name is Niki and I am the founder of "Love What You Got!" www.lovewhatyougot.typepad.com I would love it if you would take a look and possibly write a post for my site about your story and the joy that you have found in your life. Let me know if you're interested! (Leave a comment on my blog to let me know and we can communicate that way - or find me on face book "Love What You Got!" group - thanks!!)

Sindy said...

The quilt is so pretty!

Loretta Valenta said...

Oh Heather, the quilt IS soooo beautiful! I had to laugh at your mom's comment about still thinking it would look better on her bed! LOL! :) Maybe you can share custody of it!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...