Saturday, October 9, 2010

Butterfly House: check!

One of the things on my "Things to do in 2010" list was to go to The Butterfly House in Faust Park. The Butterfly House/Faust Park is just another of the many fun things to do in St. Louis. (There are truly so many awesome things to do in St. Louis, and so many of them are free or pretty inexpensive.)

Anyway, my brother-in-law Scott's sister got married in St. Louis on Thursday, so he and two of his boys went down to his house in Arkansas so that he could attend the wedding reception that was being held there on Friday. Anyway, Kristin's oldest son Kaleb is in school and he would've had to miss two days of school, so Kristin decided to stay home with Kaleb and Baby Aaron. We thought it would be a good opportunity to do some fun things with Kaleb while his brothers were out of town.

On Friday Kaleb had a day off of school, so we went to Faust Park where The Butterfly House is located. We had a picnic lunch first, and then we went and rode the indoor carousel. Here's a picture:

After this we went to see the butterflies. It was so hot in the butterfly area and it was extremely humid since there were sprinklers misting all over the enclosed area. The thermometer on my clock said 95°F, so that gives you an idea of what it felt like inside! Orchids were also part of the exhibit, so that made it even better because I think orchids are so beautiful! I really enjoyed seeing the butterflies and I was really hoping that one of them would land on me so that my sister could take my picture, but this didn't happen, and even if it had it would've been really hard to capture the moment since the butterflies don't stay put for a long! Here are pictures from The Butterfly House:


On the way home we stopped at Cold Stone Creamery. I love ice cream and I've been wanting to go to Cold Stone for a long time. Believe it or not, I've only been there once, and that was 5 1/2 years ago after the wedding of two of my friends. Everything looked so good, so what to get was a really tough decision, but I finally settled on Cold Stone's peanut butter creation. It was made out of chocolate ice cream and it had peanut butter, chocolate chips and Reese's peanut butter cups mixed in. I got it in a chocolate dipped waffle bowl and it was amazing! It made a very tasty, but very unhealthy dinner! I can't wait to go back to Cold Stone because there was a chocolatey creation that I wanted to try. (I'm thinking of going back on Monday!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...