Monday, October 25, 2010

Family visit

I wrote in my last post about how my sister Sharon from Mississippi was in town this past weekend. Sharon's friend Shellie (who is originally from Louisiana) came with her and she cooked us a cajun/creole dinner on Friday night. We had red beans and rice, jambalaya, cheese grits and shrimp, and beignets (similar to a doughnut, but not as sweet) for dessert.

We all went grocery shopping Friday morning to get the things we needed for our dinner, and I was even able to persuade my sisters to go to Cold Stone for lunch. ;) We spent the afternoon cooking, and the kitchen smelled amazing! I have to admit I was a bit skeptical when it came to the food, but I tried everything and surprisingly, I liked it all! (I only say surprisingly because I'm pretty picky when it comes to food.)

I love hanging out with my family so much, and I'm always so thankful for the time we get to spend together. Here are some pictures from our fun day:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...