Monday, November 1, 2010

Best Halloween EVER!

I've never been a huge fan of Halloween, even when I was a kid. I never had good costumes since I came from a large family and we didn't have extra money to go out and buy new costumes each year. I've known people over the years where Halloween is their absolute favorite holiday, and I've never been able to understand how someone could love Halloween so much, especially when there are other awesome holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. This year has changed everything, though, and I now have a new-found appreciation for Halloween and now know how fun it can be. Now that my sister Kristin is living here, I found myself feeling excited for Halloween this year since my nephews were around to celebrate with.

On Friday evening my family and I went to my church's Halloween social. This is something that I haven't done in at least 10 years (probably more), but it was actually fun since my nephews wanted to dress up and go. On Saturday we had a scavenger hunt around the house for the boys, and then we carved pumpkins as a family that evening. On Sunday afternoon we played several rounds of Halloween bingo and had such a fun time hanging out together as a family.

Here are some pictures of my nephews in their Halloween costumes. Jared and Kaleb dressed up as Super Mario and Super Luigi (from the Nintendo game) and Ethan was Superman. Kristin decided that Aaron should be "Super Baby" to fit in with the "super" theme, so she made him his very own costume.
Here are some pictures of the pumpkins we carved on Saturday evening. It was so much fun for all of us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...