Thursday, November 4, 2010

My new toy

Yesterday I bought myself a new toy -- a new camera. I've been wanting a new camera for quite a while because I've been becoming increasingly more dissatisfied with my camera over the past year. I feel like taking pictures, blogging and documenting my life is my "job" so I want a really nice camera to help me be able to achieve this.

I've been reading a lot about different cameras on the internet for the past several weeks and I just wish I knew more about cameras because I don't want to make a mistake and buy something that I'll ultimately be disappointed with. I think I've made a great choice, though, and I can't wait for my new camera to arrive!

Needless to say, cameras have my mind a lot for the past several weeks as I've been researching them and contemplating what I want. I've even been dreaming about them! A few nights ago I had a dream that my dad was alive again and I was showing him my new camera. (I often have dreams where my dad is back from the dead and I'm showing him all of the things that have been invented since his death.)

It would actually be really nice if my dad were here to help me choose the right camera for me and teach me how to use it. Anyone who knew my dad knows how into technology he was (like computers and cameras, etc.). I often wish he were here not only to help me with my computer problems, but to also be able to witness the leaps and bounds technology has taken in the past 10 years that he's been gone. I think he would be astounded with the digital photography that is available today.

My dad used film cameras all his life, but I actually do remember my dad using a digital camera (it must've been 1997 or 1998) and how frustrating it was because you had to hold the camera so still! Anyway, I'm hopeful that I will be able to channel some of my dad's energy as I learn about my new camera!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...