Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blog I love

A friend of mine recently introduced me to a new blog that I love reading. I usually only read the blogs of my family and friends, but this one is great, so I wanted to write about it on my blog. It's called "71 Toes" and here's a brief bit about it:

Shawni is the writer of the blog, and she and her husband have five kids. The youngest child, Lucy, has a syndrome called "bardet-biedl syndrome." BBS is a rare genetic disorder that affects the brain and can cause multiple physical problems including slower learning, weight issues, extra digits and the majority of kids with BBS lose their vision. Most of them become legally blind by the time they are teenagers, but sometimes as early as age 8 or 9.

Shawni writes about a variety of things, some light-hearted and some more serious, and she has such a beautiful family. (She's a photographer and she has the BEST pictures on her blog.) I always find it so refreshing when people thrive despite facing a challenging situation, especially one that's lifelong.

To find out more about Lucy, check out I Love Lucy Project

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog. Keep up all the work. I too love blogging and expressing my opinions. Thanks

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...