Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March :(

Today is March 1. I'm sure most people are happy when March arrives, but I'm not! I absolutely hate the month of March! Here are a few reasons why:

First of all, although the first two thirds of March are still technically winter, the weather is warming up just letting everyone know that spring is around the corner. (Did I mention that I also hate spring, or at least the first half or so of it?) At the risk of making myself sound like a Negative Nancy, I'll stop saying "hate" and replace it with dislike!

I really dislike the transition between winter and spring. Although I don't like being cold, I love winter. It's my favorite season, so I get sad when it's over because I know it's going to be another nine months before cold weather, Christmas and the possibility of snow come around again.

I don't like temperatures in the 40s and 50s. The air feels balmy and it's too cold to be warm, and too warm to be cold. Once the end of April rolls around I'm usually okay because the temperatures are warm enough that I can sit outside and bask in the sun. (I think there's a good chance I'm partially cold-blooded because, like lizards, I love to sit outside and sun myself.) I spend so much of my life in the fall, winter and early spring months like this, cold and covered up to my eyes:
and I long for warmer days when I can go out and soak up the sun, like this:
Another reason I don't like the month of March is because I went through a bad breakup with a boyfriend in March. I was cheated on, lied to and treated horribly. The weather in March reminds me of the feelings I felt and how awful that time in my life was.

I have to say that I AM glad that I live in a part of the country (Missouri) that experiences all four seasons, though. I wouldn't like it near as much if I lived in a place that was always one extreme or the other.

2 comments:

*Elizabeth* said...

I am sorry to hear that you hate March b/c it is my FAVORITE month of the year!! I was born March 28th, my mom was bron March 21st, and I cannot tell you how many march b-days there are! I love it. I must admit the weather can be a little crazy...but I love it!!

I am sorry you had a bad break-up in march...that is always rough!

Kate said...

I love your cute cold and warm heather pictures! I like march because it means we are that much closer to spring. But your feelings towards march because of a break up, I feel that way about November and December. Which is unfortunate since they are both such celebrated months. I am going to make a goal to make sure 2011's november/december is amazing and something to look forward to. :)

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...