Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"Smallville" through the years

For much of the past decade Smallville has been a part of my life. I can't exactly remember when I started watching it and why, but I'm pretty sure it was some time in the second or third season after I heard about it from one of my coworkers. I didn't have time to watch much TV before my accident since I was so busy with work and school, but this was a show that I would watch on a pretty consistent basis once I got hooked on it.

After returning home to live several months after my accident I had all the time in the world to watch TV, so I quickly caught up on the seasons I'd missed and I've been a fan ever since. Does it make me sound like a nerd to admit that I own the entire series on DVD?! (Well, seasons 1-9 that is, because season 10 just wrapped and won't be released until later this year.)

This television series is right up my alley. For some reason I just love the comic book genre when it comes to movies (and in this case, television). That being said, it might surprise you that I've never read a comic book in my life, so it's not like I grew up reading them, but there's just something really entertaining about watching comic book stories come to life on screen.

The curtain closed on Smallville last Friday evening when it ran its 217th and final episode. It's hard to believe that it's been on TV for a decade! It's had its ups and downs and I've enjoyed some seasons more than others, but overall it's had a good run. If you're looking for a show that's realistic, then Smallville's probably not the right fit for you because it's extremely unrealistic!

In my opinion the character of Clark Kent was so well cast. Here's a picture of Tom Welling  when the show premiered in 2001, and here's a picture of him now, "all grown up!"

Lois Lane didn't come into the series until season four, but I think she was also well cast (Erica Durance). Tom and Erica have a good on-screen chemistry and their portrayal of Clark Kent and Lois Lane was very believable. Again, this is all just my opinion, so feel free to disagree with me!

So, I'm saying I'm saying a fond farewell to Smallville with this goodbye post.

1 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Great post about Smallville but I have never watched it....

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...