Monday, June 6, 2011

Feeling lazy

I felt lazy this past weekend, and there were several contributing factors. First of all, I've been trying to get over a cold that I must've picked up from my nieces/nephews that had colds when they were in town visiting last weekend for my family reunion. I've had a bit of a cough/chest congestion for the past week that makes it difficult to breathe. Sometimes it feels like there's a brick on my chest, or like I've been running outdoors on a cold morning. (Do you know the feeling?)

Another thing that contributed to my laziness was the heat. We set a new record high temperature of 98°F (that's about 36.6°C for all of you Celsius folks!) in St. Louis on Saturday. That beat the former record high temp of 97° that was set 100 years ago in 1911. In the afternoon  I started feeling extra warm and feverish, so my mom took my temperature and it was 101.5°, so that helps explain why I felt so hot and lethargic.

Plus, I was bored. My sister Chandra had to work this past Saturday so we weren't able to go out shopping or to the movies like we usually do. I guess it was just as well, though, since I wasn't feeling very chipper. Usually I don't mind staying at home when she's working because I like to get on my computer, but I know I'm not feeling well when I don't have the desire to blog!

Yesterday I was able to do something really special. We had a special conference at church where one of our general leaders from Utah was in attendance. It was Dallin H. Oaks. This probably doesn't sound like any big deal if you are not a member of my church, but he is an apostle of Jesus Christ. Most people think prophets and apostles are just people that existed in biblical times, but we have a modern-day prophet (Thomas S. Monson) and 12 apostles, just like there were prophets in ancient times (like Adam, Moses, Noah, etc.) and 12 apostles in Jesus' time (like Peter, James and John). It was wonderful to hear the talk that Dallin Oaks gave and to feel the wonderful spirit that was present during the conference.

My mom called my doctor this morning and she called in a prescription to help my chest congestion and cough, so hopefully I should be feeling tip-top again soon! I hope so because I don't like it when I feel lazy, tired and lethargic because that's definitely not me.

3 comments:

Jen@Because I can said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well! Get better soon!

Tiffany P said...

I'll be praying that you get better really quick! :)

Unknown said...

I take for granted that I live in Utah. How very cool that you were able to hear Elder Oaks.

Your Utah Friend

tina

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...