Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Forever 27

Last weekend Amy Winehouse suddenly died at the age of 27. She joins a list of several well-known entertainers who have died at this tender age, including Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain. Amy's untimely death was sad, but not all that unexpected since she had been a hard-core drug addict for many years. A cause of death is still being determined, but it can be assumed that it was an accidental drug overdose. Ironically, Amy's biggest hit was a song called "Rehab."


   __There is a painting called "Forever 27" by Scott Lobaido that shows the four musicians that I mentioned above. I actually had a framed print of this painting hanging in my bedroom when I was a teenager. Looking back, I'm not quite sure what the attraction to the painting was since I didn't really know much about any of these musicians. The thing I did like about the painting, though, was that it was very "Dali" and had a similar look to Salvador Dali's painting "The Persistence of Memory" which was my favorite painting at the time.
"Forever 27" by Scott Lobaido
"The Persistence of Memory" by Salvador Dali



I am 27, and I'm definitely not finished with my life, so I won't be joining the ranks of these unlucky people because I'm too young to die!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...