Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Harry Potter and Captain America

My younger sister Chandra and I went to the movies today and saw a double feature. The first movie we saw was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, pt 2I thought the movie was so well done and that the series ended in just the right way. I'm so glad they decided to make the seventh book into two movies so that they didn't have to rush the movie and so that they could be more true to the book.

When the final movie was released I prepared for the movie by watching the seven previous  movies back-to-back-to-back. Seeing 10 year's worth of movies in a period of two weeks was fun, and I loved watching the physical aging of the actors in conjunction with the character development. Another thing I love about the Harry Potter movies is that the cast stayed the same throughout all of the movies, except for Dumbledore, of course, since the first  actor that played Dumbledore died after the second movie.
I have fond memories of when the first Harry Potter movie came out in November of 2001. I was 17 years old, but I honestly felt like a child! I love most movies, but the first Harry Potter was one of just a handful of movies that I absolutely could NOT wait to see. Watching it was a magical experience, no pun intended! ;)
The other movie Chandra and I saw today was Captain America: The First Avenger. My friend Lacee told me that it was disappointing, so I had that in my mind when I saw the movie. I don't know what Lacee was talking about, though, because I loved it and thought it was great. I'm not too hard to please when it comes to movies, though. I can't wait for the movie The Avengers to come out next year because it has Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk and Thor in it. Can't wait for that!

1 comments:

Jen@Because I can said...

I also really liked Captain America. And Harry Potter too of course!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...