Saturday, August 20, 2011

"Rise of the Planet of the Apes"

This afternoon my sister Chandra and I went went to the movies and we saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes. This movie had the potential to either be really good or really bad, and I think it was really good. The special effects in this movie were awesome because the apes looked so real. Things have sure come a long way from the 1968 version of Planet of the Apes with Charlton Heston. In that movie (and in the sequels that followed) actors wore ape costumes, but in this new movie actors did the moving for the apes, but computer effects did the rest. No ape costumes required.
The end of the movie definitely left the door open for a sequel, but only time (and ultimately box office tallies) will tell if it will actually happen or not.

Another reason why I loved this movie was because James Franco was in it. I love James Franco! He's funny, he's a good actor, not to mention his intelligence and ambition. Not only is he a successful actor, but he has a Master's degree and is getting his PhD. I love that about him!

1 comments:

Adam said...

"I love James Franco! He's funny, he's a good actor, not to mention his intelligence and ambition."

Not to mention he's really cute :)

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...