Thursday, September 22, 2011

Paul Jo's Visit

This past Sunday my Uncle Paul (my dad's brother) drove up from Atlanta to spend a few days with us. It's been seven years since I've seen Paul, so his visit was long overdue. Here are some of the highlights from his visit:

Eating yummy food: my mom doesn't usually make dinner most nights anymore since it's just the two of us, but since we've had more family around the past few days my mom made dinner each night. Sunday we had taco salads – one of my favorite meals. Monday was spaghetti and meatballs – I can't remember the last time I've actually had spaghetti because my mom and I don't particularly like it, but it was actually really good! Tuesday was hamburgers with potato salad and guacamole (all homemade) – this is the perfect "summer" meal. Wednesday night was stew and biscuits. My mom's biscuits are one of my most favorite foods. What dinner would be complete without something sweet for dessert? My mom made a flourless chocolate torte, a lemonade pie and chocolate chip cookies.

Sharing laughs: my uncle is one of the funniest people I know, and he was constantly saying things and doing things to make me laugh. I think most people's first impression of Paul would be that he's really unique, but I just find him hilarious!

Visiting the cemetery: the cemetery where Paul's brother (my dad) is buried his just a few miles from my house, so my mom and Paul stopped for a visit.
Myers-Briggs character inventory: Paul is a qualified consultant of the Myers-Briggs type indicator, so a few months ago my mom and I both took the Myers-Briggs written instrument which Paul analyzed and he brought the results to share with us. Very interesting! More on this in a later post.

Showing off my projects: Paul was very interested in all of the projects I've made, so I spent some time showing him my blog books, photo books and things like that.

Watching TV: let's face it, watching TV is much more enjoyable when you have someone to watch it with! My mom doesn't really enjoy watching TV shows, so I usually watch them alone while I work on my computer in the evenings. Paul enjoys watching TV, so it was fun to spend time watching/discussing shows with him. Last night we watched the season premiere of The X Factor, and it was so fun watching it with Paul. Paul is also a big Anderson Cooper fan, like I am, so we watched Anderson's new afternoon talk show, as well as AC 360°.

Having conversations: Paul is a fascinating man. Not only is he lots of fun, but he's had lots of interesting experiences and he has a plethora of knowledge about a little bit of everything. I enjoyed hearing about Paul's eight years in the Navy and his job with FAA. I can't say enough about how cool Paul is, and I'm so glad he's MY uncle!

Here are a few pictures that we took with Paul:
There are some things that Paul says that I like to refer as to as "Paul phrases." One of them is, "Ooooh yeah!" (It's not so much what he says, but the way he says it.) So that's what we're saying in the next two pictures.
 Sisterly love between my little-sis, Laura and me:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...