Sunday, October 23, 2011

More Movies

Yesterday afternoon my younger sister Chandra and I went to the movies. We were originally planning on seeing the movie Money Ball (a true story about baseball starring Brad Pitt), but the movie times on the theater's website were incorrect, so it didn't work out. Instead we saw The Big Year. Although I was disappointed that we couldn't see Money Ball, it worked out because I wanted to see The Big Year, tooIt was (roughly) based on true events and is a movie about the competitive hobby of birdwatching, or "birding." I had no idea that there is really something called a "big year" which is an informal competition among birders to see who can identify the largest number of species of birds by either sight or sound within a single calendar year. It's definitely an interesting hobby, but one that's not for me! ;) Heather's rating: 7/10 stars


After that we saw The Three Musketeers. There've been lots of Three Musketeers movies over the years and this one was enjoyable. Cheesy, definitely, but enjoyable nonetheless. This movie reminded me of a cross between Pirates of the Caribbean, The Mummy, and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, so if you liked those movies, and then you will probably like this one. Heather's rating: 7/10 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...