Thursday, October 20, 2011

"These Is My Words"

My mom and I finished reading another good book yesterday morning that I think deserves a shout out on my blog. It's called These Is My Words and it's written by Nancy Turner. Although it's a fictional book, it reads like a true story because it's written in the form of a diary that spans 20 years (1881 to 1901).

The book starts out when the main character, Sarah, is 14 and ends when she is 34. Sarah spends several years growing up as a teenager in the beginning of the book and she writes about age-appropriate things, like boys, the relationship she has with different family members, what her life is like as she travels with a wagon train to her new home in Tucson, etc. Then as the book continues, Sarah gets older and goes on to get married, has a child and… well, I don't want to say too much so I don't spoil the book for anyone who might want to read it. Just know that These Is My Words is very enjoyable and worth your time if you're looking for a good book to read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...