Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Money Bags

Oh how I wish I were rich! I don't need to be filthy, stinking rich – I'd happily settle for just being "well off." :) It would be nice to have an unlimited stockpile of money to buy all of the things I need and most of the things I want without having to worry about where the money to afford these things would come from.

I'm incredibly blessed and I have a lot more than many people in the world, so I can't/won't complain. However, I would love to have the funding to be able to give back and pay it forward. I think one of the responsibilities of the wealthy is to share their wealth and abundance with others. It seems like a lot of times  those that have the most are the ones that are the least willing to share what they have with others.

I know that wealth is no guarantee of happiness and at the end of the day things are just things. Actually, there have been scientific studies conducted that show that the people who have the least are actually the happiest and most generous people. I guess when you know what it's like to want for something you're more inclined to share what you do have (no matter how small) with others.

Speaking of generosity… I'm a very generous person. (I'm not mentioning this as a way to boast; just more stating a fact. I know it's important to keep your humility in check, but at the same time I don't think there's anything wrong with mentioning a positive characteristic we possess as long as we don't take it too far.) I LOVE buying gifts for people! When people talk, I listen and I remember. It brings me so much joy to pick out gifts for people as I remember the things they've said they like. I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I wish I were Santa Claus because bringing joy to others is so gratifying and truly a gift in and of itself.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, good blog. People are blessed if they don't grow up with a lot of money I think.
Have a great day.
Colleen (wheelchairlady in MN)

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...