Friday, January 6, 2012

Moo!

When I was a little girl I expressed interest in learning how to sew, so when I was in fifth grade one of the presents I got for Christmas that year was some fabric to make a jumper. My mom helped me cut out the pieces and instructed me every step of the way. I was only 10 years old at the time, but I think I did a really good job since I did almost all of the work myself (except for the buttonholes, which can be kind of tricky).

I'd forgotten all about that cow jumper until early in December when my friend Kellie was telling me that her eight-year-old daughter wanted a sewing machine for Christmas. I thought my cow jumper was long gone, but my mom said she still had it and promptly went upstairs to get it out of her dresser where she'd put it for safekeeping. (I asked her why she'd kept it and she said she just couldn't part with it.) It looked so tiny when I saw it! I'm quite the sentimentalist, so I was thrilled to find out that it's still around.

Here are pictures of the jumper. (It looks a lot smaller in person than it does in the pictures). It's missing a button, but except for that it's still in pretty good condition.

1 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...