Monday, April 9, 2012

"Divergent"

I'm always looking for new books to read, and I especially appreciate it when people I know recommend books to me, so that's why I like to write about the books I read on my blog. I've been on a non-fiction streak lately, but when my sister Sharon recommended Divergent to me as one that her book club read, I decided to give it a try since she said she enjoyed it. Here's a short synopsis of the book:


"In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all."


This is the first book in a trilogy and is of the post-apocalyptic genre. It's kind of like The Hunger Games meets The Uglies (if you're familiar with those book series). It's definitely a page turner, especially towards the end of the book, and I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series, Insurgent, which comes out on May 1. SO, if you're looking for a good book, I recommend Divergent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...