Monday, June 11, 2012

Belated Birthday Shout-Out

I have to give a belated birthday shout-out to my dear Anderson Cooper who turned 45 last Sunday. If you know me at all, then you know how much of an Anderson Cooper fan I am. If I'm not his #1 fan, then I'm surely at the top of the list. I absolutely adore him!
There are many reasons why I adore him, but one of the biggest reasons is because I love his fair and honest approach when delivering the news. When I'm watching a news show, I want to get news from an impartial source, not someone who is going to put their spin on things. Everyone has an opinion, that's just the way humans are, but in Anderson's case you wouldn't know where he stands when watching his show AC 360°; a one-hour show that's on each week night where he reports the major news happenings of the day.

When it comes to Anderson's afternoon talkshow, Anderson, he has a way of interviewing people where he gets answers to tough questions that people want/need to hear. I love it when people are being less than truthful and he goes after them (in a tactful way) and calls them out and holds them accountable when they are being disingenuous. As I'm watching him I'm cheering him on saying, "You go, Anderson!"

He has a soft side, too. When he interviews someone who has been through something particularly difficult, painful or traumatic he's always so kind and gentle, and you can tell that he really cares about the person and he's not just asking questions to ask. He's doing more than interviewing; he's trying to make sure people's stories gets shared in such a way that other people in the world will be able to relate and benefit from.

He's really down to earth which is saying a lot since it's not uncommon for the "rich and famous" to get puffed up on their own significance.  He's also extremely funny. He's not afraid to laugh at himself and I that's a characteristic that I find that so endearing/charming.  Anderson usually ends his 360° show with a segment called the RidicuList; a lighthearted look at something that made news for being funny or ridiculous.  Take a look at this one from last week where Anderson  put himself on the RidicuList.
Anderson recently competed on Jeopardy! for "DC Power Players" week where 15 different writers, journalists and other Washington DC hotshots competed for their favorite charities. Anderson was one of these 15 power players. This wasn't his first go around on Jeopardy! – he's competed twice before. (He won the first time and lost the second time.) I was so excited to watch Anderson and cheer him on. I'm happy to say that Anderson won (although he didn't know the answer to the final Jeopardy question.) I, however, DID know the answer so I felt pretty smart, considering none of the contestants were able to come up with the answer! 

1 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

did you hear the news?
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/anderson-cooper-gay-comes-154527163--finance.html

"The fact is, I'm gay"

My gaydar must be broken, for real.

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...