Monday, July 9, 2012

"The Amazing Spider-man"


Last Saturday Chandra and I went to the movies to see The Amazing Spider-man. I think everybody knows by now how much I love comic book movies. So that being said, I had really high expectations for this movie. I loved it and thought it was great! It didn't disappoint, so that was a relief since I find it so disheartening to go to a movie that you've been eagerly anticipating only to come away disappointed. I thought Andrew Garfield was a great Peter Parker (even better than Tobey Maguire, in my opinion) and  Emma Stone was a great Qwen Stacy. I'm a huge Sally Field fan, so I was excited to see her in this movie, as well as Martin Sheen and Denis Leary. They all did a great job.
A couple thoughts about the movie: The whole time I was watching it I kept thinking that Andrew and Emma both looked way too old to be portraying characters that are 17-year-old high school students.  Realistically, they look much more like college-changed students, but I wasn't consulted. ;) [Okay, so I just looked up Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone on IMDb and I'm absolutely SHOCKED at their real ages. Neither of them are the age I would've guessed them to be based on looks. I was seriously thinking that Emma was in her early 30's, but she's just a youngster of 23! My guesstimate for Andrew was a little more on-point. I would've guessed him to be 25-ish, but he's almost 29.]
I find it interesting that another Spider-man movie has been made since it's only been five years since the last movie in the other Spider-man franchise (the one with Tobey Maguire). It's not like this new movie was a continuation of the other ones; it has a different director, different actors and a different take on the Spider-man story all together. I'm not complaining since I love Spider-man; I just find it odd.

The long story short is that this movie was great and I definitely recommend it, especially to those who love comic book movies. Heather's rating: 9.5/10 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...