Tuesday, July 10, 2012

If Money Were No Object…

Boy, would I love to be rich! I know that sounds horribly superficial of me to admit, but I wish I had unlimited funds so that I wouldn't have to worry about money. I'd love to just be able to do fun things with it, give it away to others and fulfill the big dreams I have and not have to worry about the cost.

I love fireworks and think they are grand, but I usually just see them on TV, not in person, (and I think we can all agree that that's just not the same!). I love watching A Capital Fourth on PBS to see the fireworks in Washington DC or to watch the firework extravaganza that Macy's puts on each year over the Hudson River in New York. Pure magic!
I wish I had loads of money to drop on fireworks for holidays and special occasions! I've actually never seen a really good fireworks show in person. When I was a kid we never set off fireworks because we were definitely too poor to "waste" money on such a frivolous thing, and now that I'm paralyzed I'm always* at home and in bed by that late in the evening, hence the reason I watch them on TV. That's definitely not like seeing them in person, but at least I'm able to watch a spectacular fireworks show where no expense is spared! (I always wonder just how much money it takes to put on a big fireworks spread like that.)


*The one exception to what I said about always being back in bed [since my accident] on the Fourth of July was two years ago. My sister Chandra usually goes downtown to watch the fireworks in St. Louis with her friends (which means my mom and I are on our own), but two years ago the Fourth of July was on  Sunday, so Chandra decided to stay home with my mom and me. We had one of our friends over for dinner, and he encouraged me to get up in my wheelchair so that we could go somewhere to watch fireworks. That was such a memorable Fourth of July because it was so spontaneous and not something we'd planned on doing.
… maybe one day I'll have my own Fourth of July fireworks if money is no option!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...