Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day!

It's November 6; election day! It's hard to believe that it's finally here since the campaign seems like it's been going on forever!

I have to admit that I've really enjoyed this campaign season as I've watched a lot of CNN and other news coverage in my attempt to be well informed and politically educated. That being said, I'm glad that the election will come to a close in just a few hours. I can't wait to watch the political returns on TV tonight. I hope that we won't have to wait too long to find out the outcome of the election. I hope to find out tonight, sometime before I go to bed. They say it might be a late-night since the race is so close (much closer than the 2008 election). Fortunately, I'm used to staying up late!

I will say, though, that I've had about all of the political commercials I can take! (Most of them are so nasty or take a tiny ounce of the truth and distort it into something it's not.) Yesterday morning my mom asked what we did before the election (as far as TV commercials) since it seems like a good 60 – 75% of the commercials right now have a political base. I told her that soon enough we'll be back to the onslaught of commercials for community colleges and lawyers/law firms; two things that seem to monopolize the airwaves of daytime television.

Now that it's November we're getting into the holiday season, so I guess we can look forward to holiday commercials. I know that some people quickly tire of them, but I don't – I LOVE them! (Especially the Target commercials with the crazy lady that's frantically training for the black Friday 2 day sale… love those!)
I'll be back tomorrow with some final thoughts about the election when all of the votes have been tallied.

1 comments:

Julie said...

I agree with you about the Christmas tv ads.(commercials). There's some really funny ones on at the moment.

As I'm in the uk our ads are totally different to the ones in the US but they're still brill. (Brilliant)

The one I always get excited about is the coca cola one with all the lit up lorries (trucks) & Father Christmas at the end. I get really excited when I hear the tune " The holidays are comin".

I actually try & record each Christmas advert & put them onto a DVD & include them in my memory books/scrapbooks.

Cheerio for now from the uk.

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...