Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dodging a Bullet

I love having Sharon's family visit, but it seems like at least one of her kids is always sick when they visit. (She assures me that they really don't get sick all that often, but coincidently, they always seem to be sick when we see each other.)

Sharon's daughter, Elizabeth, was feeling poorly the day they are arrived, and then the next day she was definitely sick with the flu. I could tell she didn't feel well just by looking at her. That evening my muscles started to feel a little achy and I was really worried that I was getting sick. The germs started getting passed around and three of Sharon's other kids got sick, plus Sharon's husband and my mom. My sister Laura's daughter also got sick (which was confirmed as influenza A when they took her to the doctor).

Those that got sick got terrible coughs and there was a constant soundtrack of coughing playing the entire visit. I figured it was just a matter of time before before I picked up what everyone else had, but fortunately I was blessed and managed to the one of the lucky few who stayed healthy. All I can say is that I'm so glad that I got a flu shot this year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...