Sunday, March 3, 2013

Jack

Today Chandra and I went to the movies to see Jack the Giant Slayer. This was a live-action Disney movie, and we both thought it was really good. I love seeing classic stories or books in movie form because it's fun to see how the story will be depicted. This was a take on the fairytale Jack and the Beanstalk, but obviously it had a little more depth to it in order to stretch things out to a two hour movie.

Stanley Tucci (one of my favorites) is in the movie, as well as Ewan McGregor and Ian McShane. Nicholas Hoult plays 'Jack.' (I haven't seen him in anything since he played 'Marcus' in About a Boy* (a Hugh Grant movie I saw over a decade ago when I was a senior in high school). *Definitely a charming/heartwarming movie, but one that was spoiled by awful language – I hate it when movies are ruined with unnecessary language/swearing!

I'm glad I saw Jack the Giant Slayer. Although it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, it was fun and enjoyable and one that I know I'll enjoy watching again with my nieces. Heather's rating: 8/10 stars

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...