Monday, June 24, 2013

My (First) 29th Birthday

It seems like 29 is the age that so many women like to stop aging at and they jokingly tell people that they're 29 when asked how old they are. Well, I'm actually 29, so I guess I have a whole year to truthfully be 29. After that, we'll see if I continue to age or if I choose to hold steady at 29!

I had a wonderful birthday. When my mom asked me what I wanted to do to celebrate I didn't have any big ideas; I just wanted to spend time with family and friends. The day before my birthday I had my friend Sienna over and we visited for several hours. On my birthday Chandra and I made a quick trip to the mall, and then we went to the movies in the afternoon. I absolutely love watching movies, so seeing something new was at the top of my birthday "to do" list.

After the movie I came home and had dinner with my mom, Chandra and my friend Hillare. I recently found a recipe on Pinterest for cake mix waffles. I love waffles and I love chocolate cake, so I thought they would be fun to try. They were really easy. All you do is make a cake mix and then fry the batter in a waffle iron. This was definitely dinner and dessert in one! We topped the waffles with vanilla ice cream and my mom's homemade hot fudge. They were really yummy and fun to try.
I didn't get many pictures of myself, but here's one, as well as some of the fun things that I got for my birthday. It was a nice, low-key day, which is just the way I wanted to spend my birthday.

3 comments:

Ronja said...

Happy birthday from Germany!

Hannah said...

Happy birthday!!
Quick question, as a Brit - what do you mean when you say you and Sienna "visited for several hours"? I've seen lots of US bloggers/magazines use this and I find it really funny! In 'Brit English' you couldn't be visiting if you're at your own house! You have to visit something/somewhere/someone. I love language differences like this :)

Heather (Paralyzed with JOY!) said...

I also love language and find it interesting how different words/phrases mean different things depending on where you live. A lot of times you don't realize that something might not make sense to someone else until they bring it to your attention.

In America when we talk about "visiting" with someone, it means talking or chatting with them.

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...