Sunday, July 28, 2013

Catching Up with the Lundgreens

A couple weeks ago I made a blog post called Catching up with the Browns where I wrote about visiting with one of my childhood friends Michelle and her family who I hadn't seen in the past 10 years. Last Monday I was able to catch up with Michelle's younger sister, Julie, while she was in town for a visit. I haven't seen Julie since her family moved away in 1998. She was 10 at the time and I was 14, so we've both changed a lot since then. I'm so glad we had this opportunity!
Chandra and Julie were good friends growing up. Julie gave Chandra this little black Cabbage Patch Doll figurine for Chandra's fourth birthday. It's been in one of our toy buckets ever since, and still gets played with by the nieces/nephews and other kids that play over here. We had to get a picture of Chandra and Julie with the toy 20 years later.
It was fun to meet Julie's kids in person after seeing pictures on Facebook/blog posts about them. Her son happily played for a few hours while we visited. He was really good and it was fun to watch him play.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...