Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Dozen Little Men

I thought this story was really sweet and heart-warming, and just a piece of good news, which is getting harder and harder to come by in this day and age. I come from a relatively large, single-sex family (I'm the fifth of seven girls), so I found this story especially interesting.

A Michigan couple, Kateri (or Teri) and Jay Schwandt, welcomed their 12th child last weekend; a little boy named Tucker. The remarkable thing wasn't that this couple had their 12th child, but that it was their 12th BOY!!! Teri and Jay never find out what the sex of their new babies are going to be beforehand, because they pretty much always know that it will be a boy. They said that although they would love to have a girl, they're pleased with their new little man and feel blessed to have 12 healthy, happy boys.
Matt Lauer interviewed the family yesterday, and Teri told him that, "We are confident that he's [Tucker's] going to fit right in." When asked about having a girl, Teri said, "We gave up a long time ago on a little girl showing up in this family." She said that they are open to having more children, and that, "Perhaps baby #13 will be a girl."
Tucker is in good hands with his older brothers who range in age from 19 months to 21 years: Tyler, Zach, Drew, Brandon, Tommy, Vinny, Calvin, Gabe, Wes, Charlie and  Luke.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...