Monday, August 26, 2013

Science Center with the Lambs

When my sister Miriam visited we planned on going to the art museum, but when we got there we found out that it's closed on Mondays! I was really looking forward to going, so I was bummed since I'd psyched myself up for it. Oh well, hopefully I'll have the chance to go there sometime soon. We went for a plan B and decided to go to the St. Louis Science Center instead. It's a really fun place for kids, and it's handicapped accessible, so I'm glad that we were still able to do something fun so that the kids weren't terribly disappointed.

I've been to the Science Center several times before, but not since I was 18 or 19. I remember loving going there when I was a kid, but after going there this time I found myself thinking, "why did I think this place was so great when I was a kid?!" Maybe it's because I'm not a kid anymore, or because I'm paralyzed and the Science Center is a very hands-on place, but I was bored after not too long. Oh well, the important thing is that the kids had a good time. I enjoyed watching them explore and have fun.

The lighting in the science center is quite dim, so the pictures didn't turn out all that well.
When I was a kid I always enjoyed seeing the dinosaurs. I was slightly unimpressed this time. The dinosaurs seemed smaller than I remembered them being when I was younger. (It's kind of like when you go back to your old elementary school, and it looks so much smaller than it did when you were a kid.) 
All in all it was a fun day, and even though it wasn't my sort of thing I'm glad we could do something fun with the kids. Going to the art museum is definitely on my "to do" list and is something I hope to do in the not-too-distant future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...