Monday, February 10, 2014

Playdate

Last Friday I had a little "playdate" with my friend Sienna and her almost 2-year-old son Gabriel. He plays while his mom and I talk; it's a win-win all around! (Even adults need playdates every now and then!) My friend and I could go on visiting for hours, although Gabriel is usually spent and ready to go home long before his mom and I are through talking.

My friend is pregnant and will be having a baby in a few weeks. I knew that this was the last time I would see her in person before having her baby, so I insisted we take some pictures! It took several tries to get our smiles right and for me to keep my eyes open…
… but we finally got a keeper!

We tried to include Gabriel in a picture, but he wasn't interested in posing with us. It's understandable when there's lots of fun toys to focus your attention on!
My friend said that she feels huge, but I thought she looked adorable for being full-term. Having never been pregnant myself, I'm sure it does get uncomfortable. Since I don't know if I'll ever see Sienna pregnant again (because who knows where her husband's job may have taken them if/when she has another baby).

I savored looking at Sienna in all her pregnant glory! I know that sounds kind of weird, but I've just learned to take full advantage of opportunities when you have them. (I've mentioned before that I regret not taking more pictures in the past... I really wish I had a good picture of just my dad and me, I wish I would've taken a picture of myself in my nursing uniform when I was in nursing school, I wish I would've taken more pictures in the hospital after my accident to document my recovery, etc.) Moments can never be re-created, and once they pass you can never go back.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Heather -- Wow, your friend looks GREAT!! How adorable a little pregnant belly is. I suspect if I am ever pregnant my belly would be neither "adorable" nor "little."

Why do you have a line in right now? Is that new?

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...