Monday, June 30, 2014

Birthday Recap

I'm finally getting around to making my birthday blog post! It was a relaxing day and I got to spend it with some of my favorite people. I'm such a homebody that if given the choice I usually rather stay at home than go out, so having a low-key celebration was perfect. One of my great friends, Debby, came over to visit with my mom, sisters and me for several hours in the afternoon. My friend Lacee dropped by, too.
My sister Kristin made my birthday cake. I decided to have the same thing I had last year––a devil's food cake made with dark chocolate cocoa and a Butterfinger filling. She did an amazing job on it and it was so good.
My sister Sharon said having 30 individual candles was a must, and not just a '3' and a '0.' I agreed, but said I would need some help blowing them out since I can't breathe on my own and therefore don't have the ability to draw in a big, deep breath.
My mom, Sharon and Kristin helped me out. Anything for a friend, right?! ;)
I got these beautiful lilies from our family friend, Paul. They were so colorful and they lasted a really long time. I love fresh flowers, so I appreciated the thoughtful gesture!
I think I'm holding up pretty well for my age!
Thanks to everyone who remembered me on my birthday with gifts, cards, phone calls, emails and Facebook messages. It was a great birthday and I'm looking forward to this third decade of life!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like you had an amazing birthday! And those flowers are beautiful - just like you!!

Mary said...

You are beautiful and I'm glad you had a nice birthday!

CourtneyM87 said...

OMG that cake looks like heaven! Recipe?!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...