Friday, July 4, 2014

Art Museum

My mom, Chandra and I went to the St. Louis Art Museum with my sister Miriam's family last week. We tried to go last year when they visited, but when we got there we found out that it's closed on Mondays. We were all disappointed, so this year we made sure it was open before we went! I was excited to go because I love art and because I haven't been to the art museum in years. (Even though I've lived in St. Louis my entire life I've only been there twice; once in sixth grade for a field trip and then 13 years ago on my 17th birthday.)

Here we are with one of Monet's Water Lilies:
And here I am with some of Van Gogh's paintings (too bad it's not my favorite, Starry Night).
This was a really neat painting. It was so detailed!
A closer up shot to show more of the detail
There were several sculptures and busts:
Abstract pieces by Picasso:
Surreal artwork (the pineapple/banana painting was interesting):
I had Chandra take pictures of the beautiful architecture:
The lower level of the museum had a lot of interesting furniture and the dishes on display. I prefer the upper level with the artwork, but these things were also interesting to look at.
Here are a few mummies and sarcophaguses on display in the Egyptian exhibit:
By this time the kids were ready to go, so we got some pictures outside in front of the museum before we left. It was extremely sunny and bright as you can tell from our squinty faces:
We also took a picture in front of the statue of King Louis, and a picture of this neat tree sculpture. It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but it was made out of some kind of metal and it was glinting in the sun:
Forest Park (where the museum is located) is so beautiful and there is so much to do. The best part is that most things (like the museum) are completely free of charge.

Miriam's family left after these pictures and then Mom, Chandra and I took some pics by another one of St. Louis' 250 birthday cakes (I wrote more about them in this post). We took pictures of the front and back of the cake:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...