Monday, June 29, 2015

Lambs' Visit 2015

My sister Miriam and her family visited from Texas last week, and they left this morning. It was so great to see them, and I always enjoy getting to see my nieces, especially since they're only able to visit once a year. We really didn't do anything very "exciting" since it was supposed to be rainy on the day when we were planning to go out, but I don't think anyone was too devastated. It was just nice to talk and hang out together.

My sister Chandra lucked out and her two days off were both when Miriam's family was here, so she was able to come over and spend some time with everyone. One of the things my nieces look forward to the most when they visit is having Aunt Chan braid their hair. Chandra was a good sport and didn't let the girls down. She spent about three hours on her feet braiding hair, and was sure hot, tired and hungry when she got finished! (She is 29 weeks pregnant, so she was a real trooper!) I helped Chan find some tutorials for new braids to do on the girls, and they were all pleased beyond belief with the results. 
I had to get a few pictures with the girls, too:
I made everybody pose for a few pictures before going into the house after church, since we didn't really have many pictures to show for this year's visit. The pink/aqua theme was not planned, I might add...just a pure coincidence!
Chandra came back over to say goodbye on Sunday evening after she got off work. She hadn't felt like posing in the pictures we took of the girls after they had their hair braided, so we made sure to get some pictures with Chandra this time. The girls were pretty wound up, so it was hard to get a picture without at least one of the girls looking the wrong way or with a goofy expression, but that's the way it goes! I suppose that's better than people being grumpy or refusing to smile. 
This picture of Miriam and Chan turned out really cute, so this is a good way to end my post. We a wonderful visit that went by too quickly. 
I sure love spending time with family, which is fortunate, since my sister Sharon and her family arrive tomorrow afternoon. More fun times ahead!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Darling photos!! And also, happy birthday, a bit belated. Congrats to Chandra -- I didn't realize she was expecting! A happy little arrival for your family. :)

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...