Tuesday, January 26, 2016

How Low Will It Go?

I always pay attention to the price of gas whenever I'm out and about, even though I don't stop and pump my own gas anymore. We pass by four gas stations on the 20 minute drive to church, and I always compare the price of gas at the four stations. (Why do I do this? I don't know, but there's one station that's almost always a fair amount cheaper than all of the other nearby stations, so I feel compelled to see how much cheaper it is each week.) The gas there was $1.43 this past Sunday. $1.43!!! That's pretty incredible, considering the fact that a few years ago we were paying $4 for a gallon of gas here in Missouri. I'm definitely not complaining that gas prices have fallen, and I don't think anyone else is, either! These gas prices are back to what they were back in 2003 when I was still a driving gal. Gas was anywhere between $1.40 and $1.60 a gallon back then. The most I ever saw it go foragain, before my accidentwas $1.75. That doesn't seem so bad nowadays, but back then that was a lot, especially for someone making less than $7/hour, like I was. I'm sure the price of gas will eventually go back up, but for now, I'll keep watching to see how low it will go.
This is a picture I found online, since I wasn't about to ask my mom to take one while she was driving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...