Saturday, March 26, 2016

Spring Break Visit

After my mom's family members went home after we celebrated Grandpa's birthday, my sister Sharon and her kids stayed the rest of the week with Mom and me, since it was spring break for her kids. We really didn't do anything special while they were here, but it was just fun to relax and have fun with the kids.

My sister Chandra was able to come over several times, which is always nice since she is so much fun. Chandra wanted to have a little lunch at our house and invite a couple of her friends from church over, so we did that one day. Chan made two different kinds of chicken salad and brought croissants to put it. She also brought veggies and dip, and chocolate cupcakes for dessert.
My favorite thing about the picture below is Rachel, who is sitting on the couch, wearing the St. Patrick's Day crown she made for the occasion. Since it was St. Patrick's Day, we all wore green, but were in different shades.
Chandra and Christian matched, though!
Chandra wanted to make a drink for her lunch, so she found a recipe for sangria. I told her she should call it "Changria." I'm not usually very clever, but that made everyone laugh.
The kids played outside several times since the weather was so mild and spring-like. Matt liked using my mom's manual lawnmower to cut the grass. He went all over the yard and didn't make straight, even rows, which was kind of funny.
He also climbed a tree, and lovingly watched over Christian at church:
Rachel is always the first to try to help Christian when he cries, which is very sweet. I thought the picture of Christian smiling up at her was really sweet.
Rachel hunted for four leaf clovers in the grass:
Sharon brought these three candy bars for us to try together... except we put them up to get them out of the way, and then never remembered to get them back out again before she left. Oops! My mom and I have since tried them, though, and we like the one on the bottom the best. It's called "Sweet Popcorn" and it actually has little pieces of popcorn in the candy bar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...