Thursday, June 23, 2016

My 32nd Birthday

I celebrated a birthday this past Sundaynumber 32. It was a very low-key day. We went to church in the morning, and then we had dinner in the late afternoon. My sister Sharon was still in town with her six kids, and Chandra and Christian also came over for dinner, so it was fun to have some extra people around to celebrate with.

For my birthday dessert, I chose to have brownies and ice cream. Sharon has a recipe for THE best, most chocolatey brownies, so she made them a few hours before dinner so that they would still be warm when we ate them. My mom found a recipe for homemade ice cream on Facebook a couple years ago. It is extremely easy—only three ingredients—and it doesn't require an ice cream freezer, either! It's really creamy and yummy, and it doesn't get too hard or icy, like some homemade ice creams do. Needless to say, it was a very yummy dessert!

After dinner, we watched the 23-minute "year in review" slideshow I made for 2015. I made it earlier this year after I had all of my family's 2015 pictures. These slideshows take hours and hours to make, but the time I spend working on them is well worth it, especially when my nieces and nephews tell me how much they love watching them. I love watching them, too!

Here are a few group pictures:
Sharon, Chandra and me, a selfie, and a few silly pictures:
My niece, Sarah, made me this picture for my birthday. (I've asked her several times over the years if she wants to stay here and live with Grammy and me instead of going home with her family, but she's always turned me down.) I thought her picture was so adorable...a definite keeper!
My birthday was great, and it was wonderful to be able to spend time with my family. I can honestly say that my family members are truly my favorite people to spend time with!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...